Saturday, March 24, 2007

Yard Work


Today I got started on my yard work. I needed to cut the grass, pull some weeds, decide what to do with the Pompous Grass in the front beds and ultimately plant something different in the front beds. Last year I planted some Pompous Grass in the front beds and it grew too big. I dug up the Pompous Grass today and planted the following: (2) Queen's Robe Butterfly Bush, (2) Sungold Butterfly Bush & (2) White Profusion Butterfly Bush. The Queen's Robe needs partial Sun so I planted those around back and the other 4 are full Sun, so they went in the front where the Pompous Grass used to be.

Pollen Count

The pollen count is off the chart the last few days. I have a black Ford F-150 that is now bright yellow! Everything in town is coated in a light dusting of pollen. When it rains it will look like a yellow river running down the street. Let's just hope we get some rain soon. I have been watering the back yard most of the day, hopefully this will kickstart it to turn green. I have Emerald Zoysia grass planted in the back yard and it really looks great!

Watering

I have been watering the area around the bee hives a lot this week. Remember I planted some corn, giant sunflower, cantaloupe, watermelon & wildflowers this past Monday. I'm traveling out of town this coming week for a project and am trying to get a jump on my watering. Hopefully Katie will remember to water while I'm out of town.

Pictures

Click here to see the front beds planted with Sungold & White Profusion Butterfly Bushes, Queen's Robe planted around back, the Emerald Zoysia back yard & the area that will hopefully produce a garden!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Congratulations for your beautifull garden!
I live in the south of France near Perpignan (mild mediterranean climate)and I already have El Toro Zoysiagrass in my backyard which is doing very well. I have been desesperately looking for Emerald Zoysia for my front yard but it is not found in Europe.

Since you have Emerald in your yard, I was wondering if you could ship me over just a few stolons together with some wet stuff (coton?)in a plastic bag by mail.I would greatly appreciate it and I would of course pay for this service.

Thank you for your help.

Jean-Paul
jeanpaul.sicre@free.fr